• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few more pictures from May 31st.
    Kelly, I tweaked your three Skagits - Mt Rainier picture a bit

June 5, added a cropped version of Karl's Skagit 25/ Mt Rainier
    Attached Files
    Last edited by McSkagit Tim Jones; 06-05-2016, 06:25 AM. Reason: added picture
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Great job Tim! A few of those must be from the gentleman on the dock?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
        Great job Tim! A few of those must be from the gentleman on the dock?
        Yes, Kelly. Those pics from Jim. Don't know his last name. I no more than pulled into my slip and got secured than Jim came over with a stack of 8X10 glossy pictures he had taken as we departed Boston Harbor.

Comment

Tim-
          Thank Jim for the pics for us.. very neat gesture. Impressed with the way the hulls performed as well. Love the way Kelly's Uniflite and Karl's 25 look in the video under the bridge. The Uniflite performed and looked cool on plane. Tim's Saratogan has a presence on the water, too bad we didn't get videos from one of our boats, hopefully next time !
          I've gotten used to using the tilt trim on the 20 with the Evinrude, previous engine (for 40 years !) was at a fixed angle. That angle was very ideal, however, and I've operated the new motor at the approximate same angle at all speeds and it feels similar, but the Evinrude does have an impressive hole shot and top speed. Just saw a nos tilt trim unit available for the old Johnson 90hp on eBay, had I known one was out there, probably would have that motor still on the boat, miss it some days....
          Attached Files

Comment

I've got videos! Just haven't had time to upload yet...I'll work on it soon.

Comment

One more Saratogan picture, South Sound. Pic by Bruse B.
              Tweaked it a bit in Photoshop.....

How do you embed photos?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones View Post
                One more Saratogan picture, South Sound. Pic by Bruse B.
                Tweaked it a bit in Photoshop.....

How do you embed photos?
                Boy, those are some Beautiful boats......I need to get back on mine once this move is over and I am into the new shop.

Embed photos.....I just drew a blank. Embed them where ?
                Helmar Joe Johanesen
                1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

At one time when we had a Bunch of supporting members, we had a surplus of money that slowly bled out for services but when we had it, that would have been a Way cool idea that Kelly had.
                  He was needing help to purchase one of the Chase drones for the club. It would follow and fly around the boats moving or not.
                  Now That, would have been one hell of a tool for the club to have.
                  I forget how much it was but it was like having a small helicopter following you around filming.

Nevertheless, what you boys have done is pretty sweet too.
                  Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Joe, Scroll down to Bruce's pictures which are embedded and are full size. My pics are shown as thumbnails which have to be opened to see....

On the subject of a club owned quad-copter with a Go Pro camera, they have come down a lot in price. Some FAA restrictions on flying them, now. Also flying one takes some skill. Ditching in salt water and the thing is history. A cheaper alternative in a Go Pro on a kite.

More later...

Tim

Comment

Tim, take a look at this pic. You can use the "Quick Reply button at the bottom of your screen or use the "Advanced" button at the bottom of your screen. Either way, select the icon that says "Insert Image" and looks like a tree.

Attached Files

Comment

I have a little time to post some more pics...

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like I need to go and shrink the rest...the files are too large! When I have more time...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Kelly.
                            Also Tim, when you go to Advanced, you can attach at least, I think 15 or more photos.
                            The thing here is everyones computer sees this stuff a little different.
                            Me, in order to find the "Upload" button, I need to make that screen Larger or grab the right side of it and drag it clear over to the right and then the Upload button shows up for me.

So, Kelly Are you doing the Insert or cut and paste ?

I think the cut and paste works too but I have not put a size limit on the Insert part as you can put some pretty big files on there.
                            I should limit that so they do have to be a little smaller than what a Iphone will take them as because of the storage space on our hosting server.
                            We are not at the limit as of yet but the monthly fee will go up if I exceed that for storage.

We are good so no worries as of yet but if we keep this up, then it will become a issue.

I think sizing them 800 x 600 or 800 will still look fine on the screen as well as fit the large area of the screen.

I might go look for that area and see if I can find it to possibley make some changes when needed. I make notes on what and how and when I get in trouble. I call on Ed Brown for help. (more than often, geeze)
                            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Great pics, Kelly and Tim. When I post pics, I click on the icon Helmar showed in his post, and really, I don't bother with downsizing, it takes the full size files and downsizes the file in the site software ( stays the full size on my hard drive). Doesn't seem to take any longer to download to site with large files.
                              On the subject of drones, a new style of drone is close to market in a year that would be awesome for our purposes. It has an custom adjustable distance feature that allows user to put a transmitter on a boat for instance. Then through software, you adjust how far from and what angle it is from the transmitter. Height is also an adjustable parameter. So it could follow, be abeam, be forward, 45 degree, etc. Certainly be more expensive, but you wouldn't be tied up operating or trying to fly while onboard the boat or operating boat, except for launching and retrieving.

Comment

Some great pictures Kelly! Thanks!

A very good article on use of drones from boats in the April issue of Northwest Yachting.
                                A reminder, all drones over .55 pounds must be registered with the FAA. Not doing so could get you a hefty fine..
                                Maximum altitude over land 400 feet. 500 feet over water.

McSkagit

Comment

Working...
                                X