A Little Family Outing On A Typical South Sound Afternoon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Family Outing On A Typical South Sound Afternoon

Anyone who has cruised the Southsound knows it's one of the best kept secrets. Fantastic water full of islands, estuaries, bays, peninsulas, you name it.

Here's a few pictures of one of our new secret family spots. Mom & Dad with their '69 Bellboy, and Dylan & I in our '73 PowerCat.

Marty, you may recognize this beach? I know you've been here before.

If you're ever in the area with your boat and want some company, just give me a phone call. I've always got at least one boat that's ready for action.

Doug Griffith
    Attached Files

Looks fantastic, Doug! I can't wait to get my little Tolly up and running to start exploring the South Sound and Canal! Keep the pictures coming... it keeps me motivated!
    Attached Files
    BRIAN FRANCHINI
    LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

South Sound...

Doug -

The beach at McMicken Island, I presume?

- Marty
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Yep, you know your beaches

McMicken it is. can you believe that water?

Doug

Comment

South Sound...

Doug -

As you know so well, there's nothing like South Sound when it comes to great water conditions. Some of the best boating in the Northwest can be found south of the Narrows Bridge, and in a way it's great that so few boaters realize that fact.

This shot was taken just off of Hartstene Island during our 2006 Puget Sound, End to End weekend, right after leaving Jarrell's Cove and heading south along the Hartstene shore near McMicken Island. Whenever I think of South Sound, I think of how peaceful we felt that morning, cruising glass-smooth waters with nary a care in the world. Boating at its best!

- Marty
          Attached Files
          http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Working...
          X