Big and RED! Name the Boat time.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big and RED! Name the Boat time.

Here is our latest addition to the fleet,the 18` Pacific Mariner "Machette" model,now in Rochelle Red.
    A touch of White does set it off.Now to name the Beast,our short list of candidates:
    Big Red ,for the Gum.
    Burien Red ,for our Salsa Label we put out at X-mas and locale.
    Red Machette,I actually got real one I could paint up red and make a holster for when running the "Willow Run" though this won`t get that kinda of abuse,maybe some crabbing and salmon fishing.
    Any other Ideas?
    Fire away.
    Tim M
    Attached Files
    unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
    15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
    SeaRay 175BR
    Hi-Laker lapline
    14` Trailorboat

Very,very nice Tim. I like the Burien Red name and you could have a decal made of your label like Rick Love's Pilot
    Attached Files
    1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Decals

Yep,
      The label idea is exactly what my mind flashed ,ala Chuck Carey`s "Bubble Gum " when at all day meets with display of the tasty treat and even samples layed out on a Red/White Checkerboard table cover only with picnic basket of Salsa and a basket of Chips.
      Wew use Red Bell Peppers so it looks REDDER than Tomato rich salsas.
      My friend Chris Richardson who now owns the Graffix Co. in South Seattle Sodo district will be doing them for me once we decide on the theme.He does nice custom work and can do the running #`s and other labels as well as full side graphics like on cars and trucks with actual pictures on them.
      They have grown sice when I first saw them in Fremont and now staff 8-9 people and take the time to get it right size,color and font.Price had me wondering if he made a penny on the job but he said he`s ok.
      Hard to put the used hardware back on clean paint and I`m facing tough decisions now without a real budget (after spending the family fortune on the Red Interlux....)
      Too many mouths and hulls to Feed but it sure is getting rewarding to the soul as each one looks better than the last.Learning to shave time as I now accept waves and dips and focus on blending repairs,making crisp clean corners ,edges and making filled holes disapear.Well ,close.
      Now to find some fire red seat material like the "stuntman interior" we did for the Larson T-hawk.

TimM
      Attached Files
      SeaRay 175BR
      Hi-Laker lapline
      14` Trailorboat

Comment

Looks great, Tim. I like the Burien Red to go with the Salsa!
        BRIAN FRANCHINI
        LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Very nice Tim...ya gotta luv Red & White...looks great

Comment

Salsa Queen! Rojo de familia Mattson, Red Slice, Cinnamon, Hot Tamale!

Greg Jr.

Comment

From that movie with Jack Nicolson..RedRum...RedRum..

Red Baron

Red Lion
              red pepper
              Red Right Returning

red rooster
              Red Rover
              REDRUM
              Red Scare
              Red Sky
              Red Stripe

Comment

RED RIGHT RETURNING! Always something to remember, gets one home!
                ChuckB
                "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Names +Before photo

Thanx Guys,
                  Glad to see some life in this party.
                  The Red RIght Returning sure seems catchy and matches my course coming back from our favorite Salmon hole at Dolphin Pt. or along West Seattle`s shoreline.
                  It does have lots of RUME so RedRum (hard to speak like Jack N at 8 am....) so that one is intriguing.
                  Used My real Machette in the yard yesterday ,it is a devastating tool when filed and prepped.Just like the boat.
                  Might have to put my newly aquired 120/140 Johnson on this one instead of re-powering the SAFE hull,the white Red and Black exterior do match well.
                  I put Grey welt on the sides and got the new side panels back in ,plus most hardware re-bedded with LOT Sikaflex Black.The gunnnels hold water and funnelled it into almost every hole so this detail will make keeping it dry easier.
                  Time to play with some tonneau covering,black sunbrella should really look good and keep the same look as it gets dirty.
                  Speaking of dirt,here`s the before photo almost exactly one year ago.Some Fasteners took that long to break free,or break I should say.
                  TimM
                  Attached Files
                  SeaRay 175BR
                  Hi-Laker lapline
                  14` Trailorboat

Comment

Red Boats

I love Red Right Returning for a boat name. It may be lengthy, but very catchy!

- Marty
                    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

I'll play. based on the Red theme

Red e for the Sun (maybe curved like a sun set)

No Red Lights

Red e for the water (or sea)

Nice looking boat you got there, should be fun on the water..

Comment

Power options

Been awaiting a motor for this beast and also one for my workboat,now two options are on hand after landing a 70 hp yesterday.This means the 120 hp I once planned on putting on my center console may if fact go on the Mariner.
                        How about a 120 hp OMC 60`,1993 that is fresh water only?
                        The White body with red and black trim should go well on the Red White Mariner Boat and my SAFE hull will get a near duplicate of the original Dark Blue 70 hp motor I built it around.
                        My friend has the same 120 hp on his Seaswirl 20` Cuddy and it goes almost 49 mph in chop.Should make for a speed machine but then again,I`ll need to build a fuel supply for the Mariner.
                        Two broken bolts remain on the 70 hp after pulling 3 frozen ones.Also had a frozen steering rod in the steering tube,now swapped for a SS one in a frame I saved for parts use.
                        I might have two good 79`s now,always wanted to try twins at least once.
                        TimM
                        SeaRay 175BR
                        Hi-Laker lapline
                        14` Trailorboat

Comment

Working...
                        X