You gotta see this...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You gotta see this...

First time in my life i got a brand new motor. Stayed true to the Black stack and the two stroke. 2009 115hp Optimax.[ATTACH]2336.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2337.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2338.vB[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2339.vB[/ATTACH] Now i must go boating.
    Attached Files
    John & Diane Kelly

John, I have been running a Mercury 115 OPTIMAX for 3 years now on my 20' fishing boat...best motor I've ever had. You will be impressed with the power and efficency. Good choice.

Charlie

Comment

Thanks Charlie i trust i will have the same fortune as you with this Opti.
      John & Diane Kelly

Comment

Looks great! I see you posted this at 8:30 Friday night. We were just making our maiden voyage in the little Tollycraft Rumpas my Dad, son, and I have been restoring. The 1959 Merc 55A ran like a top! I am sure you will be more than happy with that new motor. We made it to the Alder event today with ours... where were you ?
        BRIAN FRANCHINI
        LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

WOW ! John ! That's one nice motor. I'am sure you will be having all kinds of fun with that Big Mother of a Merc. Chuck
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Spent most of this afternoon tying up all the loose ends the Merc dealer left me. They did install it but had to re do some rigging and just give it my own personal touch. Now i have to spend several hours on the break in period - Oh well!
            John & Diane Kelly

Comment

Big, New Merc...

You should bring your boat to our next event, July 11 on the Columbia River, since most of the running there will be at break-in rpms...a mix of slow and then faster, slow and then faster, but not a lot of wide-open stuff.

- Marty
              http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Wow! Is that 2 or 4 stroke? Better put two or three case hardend chains and padlocks on that puppy! Good luck. All that modern technology, that thing should do the dishes too!

McSkagit
                Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

2 stroke. Started the break in today! How fun is this gonna be. Super guiet could even talk on the cell phone at 4000 rpm. I will post pictures when i am not running by myself.
                  John & Diane Kelly

Comment

are you saying that I won't be able to hear the cell phone when running your old engine that I bought?

sweet ;-)

...Ric
                    '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
                    '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
                    '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Comment

Ambient noise

Originally posted by ricphoto, post: 4401
                      are you saying that I won't be able to hear the cell phone when running your old engine that I bought?

sweet ;-)

...Ric
                      That's not a bug; that's a feature...

The Cap'n
                      "The beatings will continue until moral improves..."

Pat Drewery

Comment

Working...
                      X