Aug 1st Change Of TIME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aug 1st Change Of TIME

Marty asked me to post this as he is at work. Need to leave Cornet Bay no later than 9:15 am because of currents condition will be at there maximun flood at 10:03 am. Marty will be at Bowman Bay just outside of Deception Pass Area at a float waiting for the rest of us. We will be going around by Anacortes Thru LaConner ( Lunch ? ) and back to Cornet Bay in the afternoon. Need to know who will be attending also. Thank,Chuck

I'll be there, maybe even at the float with Marty, waiting. Depends on when I get out of bed Saturday...
    ChuckB.
    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Are you sure about that? My tide chart shows slack water at Deception Pass on the morning of Aug. 1 begins at 6:53 and at 10:03 there is maximum current through the pass. While I only went through Deception Pass once in a small boat, I thought slack water was the time to go through. Next slack water, according to my tide chart, isn't until 2:04 p.m.
      If my chart is wrong, I'll have to launch at Bowman Bay as I can't get off Lummi Island before 7:10 a.m. and it will take me all of two hours to get to Cornet Bay. Of course, then I'll want to shoot through Deception Pass at the 2:10 p.m. slack. I'm looking at the Evergreen Pacific tide calendar.
      Jerry
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Jerry, you are right. One of the members call me and said there was a minus tide at 6:53 am and that was the slack time then as well. Between 6:53am and 10:03 am ,the incoming tide/currents will build to 5.3F. I was using the Evergreen Pacific tide calendar as well. When i was talking to Marty on the phone ( this is his event not mine ) , all i was trying to do is help post a message ( Because he was already at work ) so anyone who wanted to go thru earlier they could. Why don't we all try to be at Bowman Bay around 10:00 and use our VHF Channel 69 ? Best,Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Hi Chuck,
          Well, it's the usual here. Fired up the Merc 650 and headed down to Eliza to fish for crab. Motor dropped from its cruising speed of 22 mph to an idle. I tried to limp home on it but it would die about once a minute or two. Would restart and limp along for a bit. Finally fired up my 1953 5 horse Buccanneer and made it to the dock. Pulled the boat out and have it on the trailer. Called North Island Marine in Anacortes where I had more than $3,000 work done on the motor last summer. Hopefully he can get it running right before Saturday. I'll try to meet you guys at Coronet Bay by 10 a.m.
          Jerry
          There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Currents for Deception pass 8/1/09

Deception Pass, Washington Current
            48.4000° N, 122.6333° W

2009-08-01 3:04 AM PDT -6.18 knots Max Ebb
            2009-08-01 5:45 AM PDT Sunrise
            2009-08-01 6:52 AM PDT 0.00 knots Slack, Flood Begins
            2009-08-01 10:03 AM PDT 5.27 knots Max Flood
            2009-08-01 2:03 PM PDT -0.05 knots Slack, Ebb Begins
            2009-08-01 4:33 PM PDT -4.97 knots Max Ebb
            2009-08-01 8:15 PM PDT 0.02 knots Slack, Flood Begins
            2009-08-01 8:46 PM PDT Sunset
            2009-08-01 10:13 PM PDT 3.05 knots
            Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

See Events Discussion Below...

Three options for next Saturday are outlined in the Events Discussion, below.

- Marty
              http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Hey Chuck,

Sounds like fun but we are unfortunately (or fortunately going to be over on Sucia for that weekend. Have a great time!

Comment

Working...
                X