Old-Boat Video Test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old-Boat Video Test

Here's a raw, unedited video we shot this afternoon with the little Flip video recorder, just testing the thing and trying out YouTube. The subject is our newly acquired 1956 Reinell Kingfisher:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z90qh72qYM"]YouTube- 1956 Reinell 15' Runabout[/ame]

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Video works great Marty. Nice looking boat you have there! That Mark 30 is gonna look perfect on the back of it.
    Mark
    Silverdale, WA.
    1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Marty, the movie clip stops mid-point for me. Gets to the shot of the right cleat, the sound stops and the visual stops. It does play to the end, but no more sound or visual.

Don't think it's my computer. I have high speed Comcast and don't have problems playing You tube movie clips. Anyone else have this problem?
      Steve Kiesel
      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Video Test

Steve -

The YouTube version I uploaded here did the same thing (more or less) on my computer, when I played back the posting. Hard to say what's going on, because there were no skips/pauses when I played the original video--that only happened after uploading to YouTube.

Could be operator error, somehow, since I'm just starting to figure out how to use the camcorder and upload segments. The next frontier will be actual editing of footage and sound, probably using the i-Movie software built into the Mac. (Don't count on seeing any results soon--I'm notoriously slow at learning new software or figuring anything else out on the computer that goes beyond e-mail and basic web-browsing.)

Thanks for the feedback, which confirms there is a glitch somewhere.

- Marty

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

time machine...

Nice acquisition Marty, looks really great on video.

Greg Lamb

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Kiesel, post: 8374
            Marty, the movie clip stops mid-point for me. Gets to the shot of the right cleat, the sound stops and the visual stops. It does play to the end, but no more sound or visual.

Don't think it's my computer. I have high speed Comcast and don't have problems playing You tube movie clips. Anyone else have this problem?
            Does the same on both our computers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C, post: 8385
              Does the same on both our computers.
              Same here ...

Comment

Reinell remix...

Marty, we were playing around on the interweb and thought we'd take a crack at editing your raw footage..Happy Holidays all!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZmNIlMsS0s"]YouTube- martys reinell_0001.wmv[/ame]

Comment

Very good but maybe a bit too much of Marty's Reinell and not enough of applying bottom paint!
                  There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Wow Greg

You have way too much time on your hands.

Pretty cool though
                    Helmar Joe Johanesen
                    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

labor of love

We're on the same page Jerry, wish that I had salt water moorage necessitating some new "Super Ship Bottom Paint"...your comments cracked us up.

Joe- I am always looking for an excuse to dust off the old hydro footage, only spent 42 minutes showing my daughter how to mash all of the elements together...with a lot of laughter-

Greg

Comment

Greg, I nominate you guys for club film editors. That was great, and funny too.
                        Steve Kiesel
                        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

I'd have to agree. And, what were you doing up at 12:30 this morning. It isn't New Year's yet. 8 p.m. is a reasonable bedtime the rest of the year (especially if your spouse looks a lot like the bottom paint lady!)
                          There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Too Funny....

Greg -

That's WAY more entertaining than my boring walk-around with the old Reinell!

Made my Christmas morning, too...

best,

Marty

Comment

I like seeing Marty's Reinell! BUT i really did like seeing how to put body..oops ,i mean bottom paint on ! Nice job. Chuck
                              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
                              X