New to Group- Woodway WA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob,

I plan to take out the "Winged Warrior". I have a bit of electrical work to do this weekend, but I think that it is "go time"!

Karl
    17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
    18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
    19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
    25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
    14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
    14' Stilleto

Comment

I am making a run to fisheries supply tomorrow to make my little Ace legal on the water and then this weekend take her out for the first run. I am pretty sure this is a go as well. Good weather and good water is all that is needed.

Kindest Regards,

Bob

Comment

Bob, Did you take your boat out for a shake down this weekend ? Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Hi Chuck. Yes, I did take it out early Saturday morning to Sandpoint / Magnuson Park. The water was calm, no wind, no one at the launch ramp. Like that at 7:30am. Started right up, no leaks everything worked well....tach and GPS working and deceided to make a little speed run...Motor ran great, a little under proped 6200 RPM. I made a couple of runs and noticed the RPM is increasing and the speed was dropping off...RPM jumps to 6500 on its way to over 7000 and I shut her down. Fifty year old prop that looks beautiful and wont go- hub slipping. Anything under 2000 and she moves, anything over, and "shes a no go". I went home, put on a beater 13" prop and went back to the launch at 7:00PM that evening and ran it again. It ran 6200RPM and 3 miles per hour faster than the first prop. I am a happy guy.

Monday- in Tacoma for work and stopped by Tacoma Prop with #1 prop- bad news- no hubs available for the old merc props. Several suggestions the best ones being paper weight or static display piece....... and can't fix it here.....but "rumors have it"......

Working though those ideas now. Anyway take a look at www.sandeace.com for a couple of "first run" pictures.

The boat runs and behaves great! I will see you on Saturday for opening day, rain or shine! ( or more specifically survival suit or shorts!)

Kindest Regards,

Bob

Comment

Bob, nice restore. would you mind sending me a E-mail to:

eagleworks@jonav.net

I would like to ask you somthing. thanks

Outlaw
            John & Colleen Weston
            Carlyon Beach, Olympia,WA
            lookin for the right boat

Comment

Working...