Hello all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all

New member here from Southern California was directed here by a link about a Glasspar. I am a 43 Married male originally from Chicago. Did three tours in Iraq with the United States Army. Now I am 100% disabled through the VA sit around the house and find a project to work on. I just found a 1968 Glasspar Citation(I believe) can not confirm that yet till I get it home tomorrow, Its a project but thats ok, its free with a trailer. I also am trading a guy tomorrow a 7yr old Pioneer hdtv for his running 100hp Johnson golden meteor. Anyway I am done rambling glad I found this site, will be posting pic and more when the boat gets home.

Oh yeah!

Welcome and congratulations.

In my view, the antique boat is the perfect project for retirement. If you expect to go boating soon, you will go through an epiphany!

However, you may experience many pleasurable hours with a jig saw, screw driver, glue pot, etc. and of course seeking advice from the many btdts and other experts here.

Carry on and check back with us often.

D. :boater1:

PS. Yesterday I found a fabric shop that has foam and marine vinyl for sale that will allow me to do my own replacement seat cushions.
    Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
    16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
    17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Good to have you with us and thank you for your military service. Wishing you the best of luck with your Bell Boy restoration. Keep us posted with pictures and know there are people in this club who have a whole lot of knowledge in restoring old fiberglass boats who will be glad to answer questions you might have.
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Welcome and good luck

Glad you made it to our site, We have lots of experience here on many types of boats. Send pictures and ask questions we sometimes take awhile to respond so be patient and someone will post an answer. We have alot of incite into sources for parts and pieces so post alot of pictures ( We like pictures )
        Thank you for your service in the military and if I can give you any help I will .
        Good luck with your project !!
        Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Thank you everybody..

Comment

Working...
          X