No announcement yet.

Saying Hi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I've seen some pics of someone's here, a real sweetie. I think this boat has great lines.Those molded in back to back seats are really cool looking. I have been searching specifically for Phaeton for a couple weeks along with the other 2-3models I am currently interested in. I dont think I could get away for at least a few more weeks, but maybe thats not a bad idea driving out. The phaeton looks like a great little lake boat for the family due to seating etc. We love to go anchor up and swim/BBQ at St. Edwards park and I can totally picture doing it in something like that. That's one reason I'm selling the sailboat, we hardly sailed just sat anchored there, and the wife always complained about the max speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Kiesel, post: 24515
      That's a Seafair Phaeton. Same hull as my 59 Seafair. If your looking for a smooth ride, it doesn't get much better than the Seafair hull. I've always liked the Phaeton's as well, that sliding hardtop looks cool.

How do you get it home? Drive down to Reno, hookup it up and drag it home. I made a trip down to Walnut Creek Ca from Seattle to get my Seafair.
      It doesn't get better then the Seafair hull ??
      How about this one, sweet hull And cabin top to boot VeryBigSmile
      Attached Files
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

That Catalina is the same year as one that I have been thinking about purchasing, but the keel area looks a little buggered up with gouges etc from the trailer on it, which makes me hesitate. I think I would probably like the catalina better for fishing solo, but my wife I'm sure would prefer the extra seating on the Phaeton. Both look pretty sweet to me, and I could be happy with either. I'm going to call the Phaeton guy today. But it was his grandpa's and he doesn't seem to know the year so....no title? Which is a major PITA right?

Comment

Originally posted by sark, post: 24520
          That Catalina is the same year as one that I have been thinking about purchasing, but the keel area looks a little buggered up with gouges etc from the trailer on it, which makes me hesitate. I think I would probably like the catalina better for fishing solo, but my wife I'm sure would prefer the extra seating on the Phaeton. Both look pretty sweet to me, and I could be happy with either. I'm going to call the Phaeton guy today. But it was his grandpa's and he doesn't seem to know the year so....no title? Which is a major PITA right?
          Some of these boats, such as the Skagits, you have more room in the cockpit area with the Offshore model then you do with the Express model.
          You get a boat any smaller than the 20's, not going to be a whole lot of room.
          The main idea of the Cabin is to have a place to put the Porta poddy in my book.
          My 20 foot Skagit Offshore as enough room to sleep in the cabin but my 17 Uniflite, not really. You can Back in to the Porta Poddy and that is about it.
          Life jackets and other gear can be stowed forward to help keep it semi dry is all.
          You have about the same amount of room in the Catalina. Its covered up pretty good right now so not easy to get cockpit pictures.
          Attached Files
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Son's wife says let go of Sea Lion

I contacted son Steve about the Sea Lion that he owned, then I owned, and now he owns. He says his wife is ready to part with it. I loved the boat and believe it is still in good shape to restore but could be a big job and the Merc 850 (?) I had completely restored maybe 5 years ago has probably not been run since then. Anyway, if someone wants to make an offer, contact me and I'll put you in touch with Steve.
            Attached Files
            There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Lootas,

Man those Sea lions are something, another very cool boat, and a great size for me! The transom looks daunting to me though with my current level of skill, hard to tell but looks like it had been cut out from outside? I'm still working on my first transom going from the inside so I dont have to rework the transom's outside shape, angle etc, and I can picture how much harder it would be without the skin left intact. I definitly would like to find out more though! My P-14 is a pretty big project since the gelcoat is all coming off, and I am hesitant to get in over my head(actually a fairly easy project sounds nice with summer coming). If you want to pm me your sons # I'll give him a call and discuss what this boat needs to be brought back into shape and make sure I'm up to it.

Also Sailboat is sold I think, So I will have some space for whatever comes next.

Comment

Transom is capped

The Sea Lion had a soft transom. I had already put so much money into engine overhaul, upholstery and canvas that I didn't feel up to having it professionally replaced. I had a welder and ex-professional boat builder, cap the transom with aluminum plate. He assured me the transom would still be strong when I was gone. There certainly was no give when the motor was bolted back on. I don't know how to do PMs so maybe you could send me an email and I could reply (use my screen name at gmail.com.) Or give me a call. Three 60, seven 58, seven 129. I doubt if he transferred title so the boat may still be registered in Washington.
                There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Originally posted by Lootas1, post: 24527, member: 32
                  Transom is capped

The Sea Lion had a soft transom. I had already put so much money into engine overhaul, upholstery and canvas that I didn't feel up to having it professionally replaced. I had a welder and ex-professional boat builder, cap the transom with aluminum plate. He assured me the transom would still be strong when I was gone. There certainly was no give when the motor was bolted back on. I don't know how to do PMs so maybe you could send me an email and I could reply (use my screen name at gmail.com.) Or give me a call. Three 60, seven 58, seven 129. I doubt if he transferred title so the boat may still be registered in Washington.

Comment

Working...
                  X