1972 Sea Ray 190 I/O

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972 Sea Ray 190 I/O

Hello, the name is Pete but I go by Ike as well. I am retired Coast Guard. I spent 20 years in uniform and another 14 as a civilian engineer for the USCG. 25 years of that was spent working in Boating Safety doing everything from accident investigation to being a director of Auxiliary to working with boat manufacturers. I have been an avid boater all my life starting when I was very young. Mostly I like sailing and old wooden boats but last year I bought a derelict Sea Ray and have been working to bring it back to life. You can see the whole story at http://newboatbuilders.com/pages/SeaRay190.html

My wife also loves classic boats and so she said to me the other day, are there any classic boat shows or events in the Northwest other than wooden boats? I said there sure are, so here I am. I hope I can contribute to this forum in some useful way.
    Peter D. Eikenberry Sr.
    "Don't tell me that I can't. Tell me how I can!"
    New Boatbuilders Home Page
    Boat Builder News Blog
    My Boating Safety Blog

Come to the La Conner Wa. Classic Car and Boat show on August 10th. We will hopefully have a fair selection of fiberglass boats. Bring your boat. This is a show where all boats are welcome. We can have show boats to blackberry boats. We just try to show what can be done with older Fiberglass boats.
    My son will be retiring from the Coast Guard on September 1st. So I do respect the work the Coast Guard does. Clint

Comment

Welcome Aboard Ike.
      Like Clint said, LaConner will be a good place to meet up with folks and see some other project boats.
      We in the club do Not judge boats. Its not what we are about. We are more into fixing and Using the boats.

We try to do safety checks and promote safety in boating and it sounds like we might pester you a little bit on that .

With you being in the Coast Guard for all those years, I wonder if you have heard of the Bartender boats?
      I had the rare opportunity to work at Island Boat Shop with Marty Loken who leased a shop from George Calkins, the builder of the Bartender boats.
      Ol George is no longer with us, but I do remember and enjoyed the story's he could tell.

Nice project and nice job for sure...All looks familiar:GoodJob:
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
      X