Hi all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 61_express, post: 27271, member: 942
    Those are great motors, a lot of power in a light boat like that. With proper tuning that thing will be a rocket. I'm surprised that has a v-8 I would have thought an old Iron Duke or 250/292 I-6.
    The picture is the before. I tore it down and just got all the parts back from machine shop. looks like my weekend is going to be busy. I will try to post more photos later.

Comment

Originally posted by 61_express, post: 27271, member: 942
      Those are great motors, a lot of power in a light boat like that. With proper tuning that thing will be a rocket. I'm surprised that has a v-8 I would have thought an old Iron Duke or 250/292 I-6.
      I noticed the engine cover was modified so the holly carb. and spark arrester would clear.

Comment

http://s159.photobucket.com/user/arejay60/slideshow/Skagit 17

This is an oops. . I asked my wife to put on a slide show, she didn't know she was putting the entire file on. Enjoy let me know if you have any questions. We are still learning how???

Comment

I am going to try to have it finished by May. We are going to stay at Port Angeles wa. for the summer in our rv and I would like to take it with us. ( We live in Roseville ca)

Comment

If you haven't done the heads yet make sure you have hardened seats installed. A good 3 angle valve job helps too.

Comment

Originally posted by 61_express, post: 27300, member: 942
              If you haven't done the heads yet make sure you have hardened seats installed. A good 3 angle valve job helps too.
              Thanks for your input. Yes I installed the hard seats on my grinding machine, but had a friend's machine shop, boil and do the valve work. The engine is built, Now comes the hull work.

Comment

Working...
              X