No announcement yet.

Hello every one! New user here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sabrecraft has a fiberglass tank. Id only put in a days fuel at a time, now the Grange has a supply of ethanol free gas. Its better for two strokes too. I have seen boats horribly cracked from pounding.

Comment

Originally posted by John, post: 29758, member: 2398
      My sabrecraft has a fiberglass tank. Id only put in a days fuel at a time, now the Grange has a supply of ethanol free gas. Its better for two strokes too. I have seen boats horribly cracked from pounding.
      I Do remember seeing one with a crack. The way is was going, it looked like a twisting issue.
      If I remember right, the cabin bulkhead was pretty much shot..

I too notice the ethanol free gas at a bunch of gas stations down in the Eugene area. Not the Major gas stations it seems. You have to go what I used to refer to as gyppo gas stations. There is a Cenex, Space Age and some other smaller name doing that.
      I wonder how long it will take the big boys to figure it out as it appears to be selling pretty fast in places close to the water
      Fern Ridge lake down here is not too far from one of those Space Age stations and it seems that boats are always being pulled in as well as gas cans being filled.

Wait a minute, Wasn't it the Big Boys that decided to put that in our gas to start with?

Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 29766, member: 59

I too notice the ethanol free gas at a bunch of gas stations down in the Eugene area. Not the Major gas stations it seems. You have to go what I used to refer to as gyppo gas stations. There is a Cenex, Space Age and some other smaller name doing that.

I have always used clear premium in any lawnmower or two stroke engine, ethanol and rubber parts, gaskets and most likely fiberglass resins and epoxy seem to break down with ethanol flavored gas.
        An extra 1.00 or two is worth the piece of mind.

I have not tried the additives as I don't think they do much.

Comment

hi kids my little Skagit 17 Express is back on the trailer here in Brookings! She did really well and I felt very safe and comfortable as far as 27 nautical miles offshore. Keep in mind I did have the perfect weather window, never had a wind above 8 knots and never had a sea state above three feet of gentle wind swell. I only caught 6 tuna and they were all basically coke bottles. I still had 21 gallons of fuel left, I have to say I am super impressed with this boat design. there are some cockpit upgrades I would like to make including raising the windshield height but she was just as sea kindly as our buddy boat which is an Arima 15.

I think I might be in the hunt for an offshore 20 in the future! (Any one?)
          I will post screenshots of my chart plotter tracks and marks as soon as I can get them uploaded.

Comment

Glad you made it back and I'm pleased the boat worked so well for you. I had Tuna for dinner last night, but it came from the store. I'll have to wait until next season to get out there.

Comment

Working...
            X