Just joined from the West coast.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just joined from the West coast.

Hello all, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself My name is Tylor I am a father of 2 boys, live in SoCal.(for no anyways.) I was just given a 1960 Skagit 20' Exspress that has been garaged for 40 years, I need to un-bury it as it is behind rows of boxes and the garage door is broken but I hope to have it ready for mid to late summer at the very least by 2020 season it appears to be in good condition but in need of a deep clean and polish- motor needs to be gone through but appears to be in good shape as well all the fuel lines and water lines need to be replaced and the steering system will need to be gone through, but all in all it is in pretty good shape. I am new to boating I have been on charters and my grandpas boat but I have never owned my own other than my kayak so I will be trying to learn as much as I can. well thanks all for looking and stay safe.

Welcome to the soon to be fun of owning a vintage boat. You got a good one and with no initial investment into it, well that could make for a low cost refurbishment depending on its needs. Garaged for 40 years sounds awesome, and I hope it is but it's definitely still worth checking out the entire boat with a fine tooth comb.
    Can't wait to see some pics!

Comment

I saw some pics of your boat on another forum. Nice late Skagit 20! It's definitely worth saving and enjoying. Hope to see you back here soon...

Comment

Working...
      X