No announcement yet.

Falls Flyer Restoration Started

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who wants to go for a little road trip and place some bids??? That "Falls Flyer" car would be quite the show stopper...

Paul is listed in the ACBS directory and has the largest registered collection in the entire national club!! Sad to see it broken up..
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

• Burgee from the Holy Land !

Been putting the hardware back on the flyer and starting the finishing touches before I hit the inside . Had a friend from North Dakota that I met trading parts who has two Falls Flyers and now he bought a third from the Mikkelson collection in Willmar, Mn. When he was there he bought me a Burgee from the collection and now I feel I have the finishing touch to my project ! I added a picture of Dennis with his new boat shaking hands with Paul Mikkelson himself !
      Attached Files
      Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

• Originally posted by bham-rick, post: 22507, member: 25
        Burgee from the Holy Land !

Been putting the hardware back on the flyer and starting the finishing touches before I hit the inside . Had a friend from North Dakota that I met trading parts who has two Falls Flyers and now he bought a third from the Mikkelson collection in Willmar, Mn. When he was there he bought me a Burgee from the collection and now I feel I have the finishing touch to my project ! I added a picture of Dennis with his new boat shaking hands with Paul Mikkelson himself !
        Rick & Sarah

Comment

• Well it's been along time and 2 vintage trailers and one in the works that I have decided that I need to move the Flyer on to somebody that has the energy to finish my 3 years of work . I'm going to list the Falls Flyer for sale and wanted to bring the thread back up to the top. I will list in the for sale section and describe where it is at today- I pulled it out of the storage area and washed it down. Been totally consumed in Vintage travel Trailers and with Lake Whatcom having a Two Stroke ban just don't know when I would be able to use it? Got alot of time and work into it - You can go through the process by starting at the beginning of this thread . Hope to see you on the For Sale section
          Attached Files
          Rick & Sarah

Comment

• Hi Rick. I would make that soon as I am just putting together all the pictures and such as I am going to fire sale 3 boats and make 2 more free for the taking. I will start off here, then to Craiglist and with the free ones, Freecycle if need be.

Yours, needs to be maybe on Pauls list as I am sure he has people looking.......
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmar, post: 28037, member: 59
              Hi Rick. I would make that soon as I am just putting together all the pictures and such as I am going to fire sale 3 boats and make 2 more free for the taking. I will start off here, then to Craiglist and with the free ones, Freecycle if need be.

Yours, needs to be maybe on Pauls list as I am sure he has people looking.......
              Thanks Helmar - Thought I would list it here first - then Golden Glassics and if it goes to Craigs List I'm going to raise the price. If It does not sell then I guess I'll just have to keep it and finish it maybe by then the urge will pass to sell it !! It took alot to sell the Dorsett and even longer to get the post written for this. I have a small 13' Rainier that I'm about ready to start the interior and it would be nice to put it where the Larson is so I could work on it . Shop is 10 miles away Larson is in a cover in my back yard.
              Attached Files
              Rick & Sarah

Comment

• Thats pretty cool Rick... I still have a older trailer but not sure what it is. Not real bad shape..
                Got one more boat to restore so not sure how much I have left in knees and back to pull it off.

The boats, I had been coming and going with them over the years. Had them, then lost interest, then had them again and will, figured out, I need to have one around all the time or things are not balanced in my life. Same thing with the Harley......
                Attached Files
                Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmar, post: 28041, member: 59
                  Thats pretty cool Rick... I still have a older trailer but not sure what it is. Not real bad shape..
                  Got one more boat to restore so not sure how much I have left in knees and back to pull it off.

The boats, I had been coming and going with them over the years. Had them, then lost interest, then had them again and will, figured out, I need to have one around all the time or things are not balanced in my life. Same thing with the Harley......
                  That's a sweet little trailer Helmar ! That size is really sought after these days by the " Glamper " crowd - glamour camping - or "Sisters on the fly " crowd . If you ever want to sell it let me know !
                  Rick & Sarah

Comment

• Thanks Rick.
                    I know you have shifted your passions from boats to classic trailers, and you have had and sold what I feel was the Ultimate boat that I would lust over (Dorsett with the I/O) but I can't help to think about the journey you have been on with the Flyer.
                    That my friend is one hell of a journey and you are so close to finishing it too.
                    I am sure I am not the only one thinking this or wishing this but just standing next to her and feeling the accomplishment of bringing something like that back to real life, feels So good.
                    Very Very commendable..
                    I remember the boat you started out with too
                    Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
                    X