Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple weeks

Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 19620
    Rick, let me know when you're ready to turn her over.
    Probably let it set for a couple weeks since I have the trailer sitting in the shop and there is no hurry to get it out of the way. When we took it off the trailer and turned it over it was like an Amish barn raising, got all the neighbors over and lifted it off and walked it backwards and pulled the trailer out . When we turned it over there wasn't much to grab a hold of so this trip should be alot easier going the other way. Last time we had no worries about damage but this time we will have blankets and foam down for the turn. I'll give you advance notice - We can always use another strong back -so bring Branden lol
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Milestone Day !!

Had the neighborhood "Boat Roll -over party " today . Using "Norwegian hydraulics " 8 of my neighbors lifted the Flyer off its blocks - rolled it over and lifted it onto the newly restored Tee Nee Trailer . Bottom is finished and now I will spend the winter on the top side and finish the inside. :GoTeam1: Most of the hard work on the inside is finished and the wood work trim for the seats is complete. I would like to get the last of the Body work done on the outside and get a coat of "High Build " primer on it before it gets too cold out. Feels good to get the project to this point and I feel I'm at a good spot going into winter. Have to adjust the bunks and roller and set the winch stand but when it moves next ,hopefully it's to the water.
      Attached Files
      Rick & Sarah

Comment

Rick, That is going to be some boat and trailer. Better than new! Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Bet it feels good to get to this point. Hopefully we'll see it on the water next season!

Comment

Tail lights

Got the Tail light frame Polished and they came back looking like fresh Chrome. They are polished Aluminum with the red lens . I'm going to wire them into my trailer so the come on when towing and blink right or left . This was the last of the parts and pieces so all the hardware is ready to go ( Except paint the steering wheel) and windshield .
            Attached Files
            Rick & Sarah

Comment

Boy Rick, that is going to be so sweet.
              You might have to sneak it out and back in on the trailer or deal with a crowd of folks admiring her...:GoodJob:
              Helmar Joe Johanesen
              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Sswweeeeet. :GoodJob:

Comment

Those glow rod anchor lights are something else... If the top comes out half as nice as the bottom you'll only be able to launch at the dead of night or you'll never get through the crowds!!

Nice work!!
                  Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                  1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Looking good Rick! Keep up the good work. :GoodJob:
                    Mark
                    Silverdale, WA.
                    1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

• Thanks for the support !

It's getting to the fun part but now it's just finding the time to get out and move forward . Now is when I wish I had an enclosed shop at my house. I could move it out where the Dorsett is but then it's a 20 min. drive. Oh well it's not going anywhere. Thanks for the comments and I'll keep posting when I get something done .
                      Rick & Sarah

Comment

• Body Work / Primer

Well got it out to the shop and had a chance to get out to do some sanding and filling on the top side. Put a coat of high build primer on a section and masked off the side stripe. When it dries I'll mask off the out side of the stripe and get some primer on that. Just trying to cover the bare fiberglass and then I'll put a light sand on all of it . Primer makes it alot easier to see any imperfections so I can sand and fill any of those I see. After I'm done with the whole boat will put a final coat of primer on it and then paint. Lots of body work - I have ground out all the spider cracks and filled them and it looks like the end is in site !! Well I go to work tonight and when I hear the horns blowing at Midnight -I know its all over and maybe get back to normal !

Everybody have a Happy New Year and my resolution is to get the boat out more often next year ! I will also start getting info out about the Lake Roosevelt event this summer !! :GoTeam1:
                        Attached Files
                        Rick & Sarah

Comment

• More putty and primer

Been over the boat about 3 times and getting closer to having all the divits and holes filled. Little more work left on the inside by the seats and one last go over before the final coat of primer. Going to be Gloss white with a bright Red stripe on the outside . Had the pro from Dover out to give an inspection (Melanie ) got a Nod and an "Almost there " from her ! Lots of work - can't even imagine how many hours of Glassing - filling - sanding - putty - Etc I have on this beast ! There is light at the end of the tunnel - Hope it's not the on-coming train !!
                          Attached Files
                          Rick & Sarah

Comment

• Rick, Looking good ! Chuck
                            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

• Falls Flyer Tow rig

Here's the new plan for the Tow rig ! This will make a complete package

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...r-and-tow-car/
                              Rick & Sarah

Comment

• Kool!!!! When do we start?
                                1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Working...
                                X