No announcement yet.

Slough Run: Last Preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

four two five eight nine oh six four two eight Roger Wilco over and out.
    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Details

Tim -

I already posted my cell number for the scammers to grab (above), but I'll be alone in the '56 Reinell, launching at Coulon and carrying a VHF.

If perchance there are strong winds on Lake Washington, I might change ramps at the last minute and launch at Magnusson (the little Reinell can be a wet ride!), but usually the lake is almost dead calm in the morning.

- Marty
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Jerry, I am happy that you got a better radio and antenna. I was a little worried about you because you are in the San Juans so much. At least the set up you have now will give you a little more piece of mind. I have a Keel Guard on my boat also. I think they are a must. I've had it for about three years and it is starting to come off a little but I think all I have to do is clue it and clamp it at the areas that have drifted away from the haul and it will be fine. The Rosario is a great boat but there is always room for improvement. I have a easy inexpensive suggestion on how to cover that hole in your spashwell I will talk to you about Sat. if you haven't covered it already. Hope to see you Sat.
        Greg James

Comment

I am planning on getting down to Coulon around 8:30 or 9:00 a.m. so I have time to tweek my trans . adjustment if need be. My cell # is 206 790 1725. I will go down the east side of the lake and angle over to the west side after the 520 bridge. I might have 2 crew with me. Looking forward to it. See everybody on Sat.
          Greg James

Comment

Too Cool Brian!

EXCELLENT!!! See ya Saturday.
            Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

I live just up the street from the Kenmore boat launch. This Saturday will be my debut launch in my (new to me) 1964 17ft Uniflite. Hopefully this cold weather snap doesn't freeze my engine before I get a chance to use it.

I look forward to seeing all of your floating works of art around the north end of Lake Washington.
              ~Mike
              1964 17ft Uniflite / 1976 Evinrude 70HP

Comment

Saturday Launch

Hope all goes well, double-O seven (e). It's going to be at best around 50 degrees and showery, I'm guessing. I'll be crawling around the bilge of my trawler...would still change places with ya in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by m007e, post: 9599
                  I live just up the street from the Kenmore boat launch. This Saturday will be my debut launch in my (new to me) 1964 17ft Uniflite. Hopefully this cold weather snap doesn't freeze my engine before I get a chance to use it.

I look forward to seeing all of your floating works of art around the north end of Lake Washington.
                  Michael,

Send me en email or PM with your cell number, or let me know if you have VHF in the boat. Look forward to meeting you and glad you could join us.

Tim

Comment

Slough status??

So our group is working feverishly to get this little hydro back to runable condition but we were relying on my father's outboard, and he has voiced a great concern about current water levels in Lake Sammamish and the slough. The motor is a Mercury 10hp Automatic so if we really beach it and break something it is nearly impossible to get parts for...

Anyone live near the lake that might be able to update us on the current water conditions??

Thanks,
                    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Brian,

The lake is at least a foot lower than usual. This weeks rain may help, but don't count on it.
                      Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                      Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Has anyone ever mapped out or even remember where the shallow parts are or where the rocks and hazards are? Sure would be helpfull!
                        Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Updated my contact info on my profile. I don't have a VHF marine radio yet, but with craigslist and ebay I should have one in a couple weeks. See y'all around Lake Washington on Saturday.
                          ~Mike
                          1964 17ft Uniflite / 1976 Evinrude 70HP

Comment

...know when to fold 'em

Damn-I'm out, my perpetual optimism has been eclipsed by cold (very cold, rainy sometimes snowy) reality. Have been looking forward to running the slough for the last couple years.

The Stiletto "slough mo" is coming along nicely, but would not be tested before dunking into Sammamish. Not wanting to endanger myself, or my wife (that won't co-pilot without most FAA pre-flight protocols being followed) and being the guy that comes unprepared-inevitably dragging everyone else down-we are staying on the beach...

Comment

Hey Mr Slo Mo , Come on down to the water ! I was even thinking ( just thinking ) about bring the G-3 instead. The weathermen say it's will be just a few showers , which is better than in some other years....like fog in 05 ? that was a fun time. Chuck
                              Attached Files
                              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

That is too bad Greg. I know the feeling. Cole has his first race of the 2010kart season this Sunday and while practicing last weekend we blew up his motor. This week has been revolving around getting him running again prior to the race. So instead of the Slough run this year I will be at the track trying to dial in a new motor. I hope everyone has a great (and safe) time. Take lots of pictures for the rest of us!
                                BRIAN FRANCHINI
                                LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Working...
                                X