Mason Lake Event Details--Sept. 25

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GregJ, post: 13697
    Marty, I hope to be there on Sat.. The starter I was having problems with at Lake Chelan has to be replaced because the magnet was broken in about six places. I'm surprized it worked at all after I started to have problems with it. I'll never buy another rebuilt starter. I"ve got another one on order. Hopefully it will be here in time.
    Even if you Get the starter but don't have time to install it, put it in the boat and bring it, we can install it at the lake.

Hope to see you there..
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Hi Marty et al....

Got room for one more at Mason? I'm from Santa Barbara California but my travel plans put me close enough to Mason Lake on Saturday to tempt me to stop by and say hello.

I've been reading the board for a while now and also know a couple of the folks at Golden State Glassics....

Then; when I ready Marty's post here describing the theme of the Mason event...I figured..."Heck Yes! I'm gonna stop by!"

So; hopefully I don't need ID at the gate?

I look forward to meeting all of you....alas; I will be showing up "boat-less"....kinda long way to tow....

See you on Saturday,

Chuck in Santa Barbara
      1957 Cadillac w/1947 Scott-Atwater 473
      1965 Alpex w/1964 West-Bend 45
      1977 Thunderbird w/85HP Merc
      1964 Montgomery-Ward W/1978 Johnson 15

Comment

Joe, That is really kind of you but I can put the new one in in about 15 minutes. I expect it to arrive today but who knows what ups is going to do. I will be there boat or no boat. Last year I was boatless and had a great time. It was fun just helping put the boats in the water and getting them out. Chuck let me drive his G3 and that was a real blast. I am looking forward to riding in everybodys boat and if I bring mine it will be available for anybody to take out. Susie can't come, she said something about going to the ballay. Can you imagine choosing the ballay over a great boating expierience. I think she's getting sienial or metapasel or something. I've got a little bit of dementia but at least I know whats fun. Lowell, thanks for the offer. I think that would be great but if I don't bring my boat I might want leave later than normal so I would need to drive myself.
        Greg James

Comment

Chuck from Santa Barbara....

Chuck -

Hey, it's great to hear you can come to Mason Lake...and as promised, there will be lots of boat rides for everyone. (No ID's or memberships required for this event...)

See you there....

- Marty
          http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Chuck, When we are at Mason Lake this coming weekend if you would like, we can go for a spin in my G-3 " California Girl ". Chuck in Mill Creek
            Attached Files
            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Woo-hoo Chuck! I'd love a ride in your G3!

We both have the same name...and we both have Merc 850's....
              (Unless you sold yours...

I'll look you up as soon as I get there! Easy name to remember...

Chuck from Santa Barbara
              1957 Cadillac w/1947 Scott-Atwater 473
              1965 Alpex w/1964 West-Bend 45
              1977 Thunderbird w/85HP Merc
              1964 Montgomery-Ward W/1978 Johnson 15

Comment

Chuck, Ok i will be looking for you. I take it you know crazy Jill ! I'am a member of GSG as well like a few of our members are. Still have the 850 Merc. CF Girl has a 650. "Chuck from Mill Creek"
                1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

It got here, it works, I'll be there with the boat.
                  Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by halffast32, post: 13742
                    We'll be there. Lookin forward to it! Some pics from 08!
                    Outstanding! Now, don't get sick at the last minute! Take your vitamins!

Comment

mason lake

I will see you there on Sat, Joe. I was able to make it work, but I only have forward and neutral. This will probably be my last event for a while. I need to save up so I can buy a newer motor with power tilt and trim. I am sick of putting money in these old motors. I need something more reliable. It might be a real problem finding a newer short shaft motor with t&t.

Comment

Cranky Merc

Dennis -

Glad you'll be able to make it to Mason Lake. (Hey, Forward and Neutral isn't so bad, once you get pointed in the right direction!)

Hope you find a motor you're happy with between now and the next boating season...

- Marty

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Mason lake

I'll be their without a boat. Cant wait Jim Brooks.
                          Jim Brooks

Comment

Email me, please, Jim!

Ken Cook
                            cook8585@msn.com

Comment

It Keeps Getting Better....

Wow....the weather forecast is still holding for Saturday (high of 73, no rain), and we now have even more folks joining in the fun.

Here's who is coming, according to postings here and other notifications we've received:

Mark Denis

Ross Henson

Kent and Diane

Richard Amberson

Mike and Judy Kronick

Tim McCrain

Marty Loken

Chuck Carey

Greg Lamb

Dave Wickwire

Joe Johanesen

Bruce Drake

Thom Adams

Tracy Nelson

John Nelson

Mark Maquire

Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Dennis Huffman

Lowell Lorenz

Greg James

Brian Flaherty (maybe)

Tom Richards (maybe)

Chuck from Santa Barbara (without boat)

Jim Brooks (without boat)

There will be some terrific boats at Mason Lake, including several restored beauties that have not previously appeared at NWCBC events. If you're still on the fence, now is the time to hook up your boat and plan to head for Mason Lake Saturday morning....or come without a boat and enjoy lots of boat rides.

Once again, we'll gather at Simpson Recreation Park between 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. on Saturday; have an informal potluck in the picnic shelter at about 1 p.m., and enjoy the "Take Somebody for a Ride" theme all day long. Address of the park is 500 East Mason Lake Drive West, Grapeview, WA 98546.

Looks like we'll certainly have the biggest turnout of boats all season--a great way to end NWCBC's official boating season.

Anybody else planning to attend, who we haven't already listed?

Hope to see you there!

- Marty
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X