New Years Day Cruise / lunch at Ivars!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brunch at Ivars

Didn't make Tim's maybe list....He must know something I don't?

Looking at the cost of lunch....say I bring two of my (adult) kids, a beer and tip....a hundred bucks. Fuel for the trip down and back...probably $250-$300 plus a nights moorage or two...I'm pushing $$400+ for lunch...make that brunch !

I don't know....maybe I'll drive.... or ring in the New Year in Reid Harbor with a peanut butter sandwich?
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Oops

Sorry Tim, didn't mean to leave you off the list!

That is kind of an expensive excursion, I think I would drive!

See ya next weekend,

Tim

Comment

Two More for Lunch....

Tim -

I talked with members Allan and Sue Martin yesterday, and they're planning to make Saturday's lunch.

Allan and Sue own a restored Dorsett Farallon, and live in Olympia. They're planning to be involved in a number of the club's 2011 on-the-water events, since their boat is now ready for prime time.

- Marty
        Attached Files
        http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Great!

Thanks Marty, I've added them to the guest list and look forward to meeting them on Saturday.

Tim

Comment

I would like to attend. Jan Norvold (blue bandit)
            Jan Norvold

Comment

Originally posted by blue bandit, post: 15398
              I would like to attend. Jan Norvold (blue bandit)
              Great, Jan!

It'll be nice to see you again.

Tim

Comment

I finally have a Saturday off without any obligations, I'll see you all there...
                ChuckB
                "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckB, post: 15419
                  I finally have a Saturday off without any obligations, I'll see you all there...
                  ChuckB

Comment

Braving the elements--sun and no rain--lets go?

I would like to go by boat, the sun should be out, just a little nippy. A good time to leave the Bellevue Ramp would be about 1030 or earlier. It would look good with 3 or 4 boats pulling up in style. Anyone interested in coming with me? There is a nice paved ramp with a floating dock under I-90 close to Enatai Beach Park, or another is at 118th Ave SE and SE 40th ST just off Coal Creek Parkway.

Just before Christmas I had a lower style window installed on the cabin roof. I ordered the window from Taylor, I would like to try it out, I just hope the wind flows over the top of me and not at my face. The wind chill would really cool me off if that window is too short.
                    1956 Enduracraft Monterey
                    1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                    1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

I just don't have the equipment.

I decided not to go to lunch by boat, ice is starting to form on fresh water now. I don't have a reinforced bow for breaking through the ice, and I'm not sure what if any are the problems of ice forming in the cooling system of the outboard motor.

There are hardships with some decisions and this one will be driving down in the bright sun and seeing the glass smooth water.

Lowell
                      1956 Enduracraft Monterey
                      1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                      1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

We won't be coming by boat either, just too cold. Would have enjoyed a cruise around Lake Union. Don't feel like getting out in the weather today and washing the boat. Have houseguests also. Yeah, I know, excuses, excuses! Really looking forward to the get together though. Hope to see you there!
                        Kent & Diane
                        '58 Westerner

Comment

One last detail

OK, looks like we're going to have a great crowd tomorrow! I'm really happy you all can make it.

In order to simplify paying the bill and comply with Iver's preference for one bill for large parties, our Treasurer Susie Starrfield will pay our bill from club funds and we will pay her for our lunch. The total for each person attending, including sales tax and gratuity, will be $31.75. Please bring cash or a check to pay Susie for the members of your party. Obviously, she won't be able to accept credit or debit cards.

Cindy and I are looking forward to seeing everyone!

Tim

Comment

Last minute....

Life with college students is constantly changing....it turns out I can make it tomorrow. I will not be bringing a boat--too cold! See ya! -Ken

Comment

Working...
                            X