• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 16381
    Ditto, Are you going ? Echo

Hey Tim, don't we monitor channel 69 ?
    Do we? Duuhh ... why was I thinking 16?

Comment

After the frustration of discovering that neither of my two boats are currently usable... We will be at the April 16th event!! Tried to get the Chris ready and discovered the 15 gallons of gas left in the tank have turned and won't fire, I headed south to get boat number 2 and discovered that with last year's short summer I never ran the Havoc after the slough run so I never bought tabs for 2010... This is the first time since I have owned my own boat that I don't have one operational, and I don't like this feeling...:shocked2:

Anyway, my better half will be off the weekend of the 16th so we will be there with the Chris Craft testing and prepping for opening day..
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

getting ready

Originally posted by Bflaherty, post: 16419
        After the frustration of discovering that neither of my two boats are currently usable... We will be at the April 16th event!! Tried to get the Chris ready and discovered the 15 gallons of gas left in the tank have turned and won't fire, I headed south to get boat number 2 and discovered that with last year's short summer I never ran the Havoc after the slough run so I never bought tabs for 2010... This is the first time since I have owned my own boat that I don't have one operational, and I don't like this feeling...:shocked2:

Anyway, my better half will be off the weekend of the 16th so we will be there with the Chris Craft testing and prepping for opening day..
        Brian : Since I'm pretty much ready to go and we live so close - do you want a hand this weekend getting your boat ready ? If you do let me know and I'll help with what I can ? Maybe trade for one of those Octopus outfits for my "Sea Princess " :GoTeam1:
        Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Lake union event

Hello Tim

I will be at the event with Glory, First run ever. See U at the launch earily around 9 am.
          Ingvar " SWEDSTER " Carlson
          Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

Catch You in the Cut!

Talon will launch from Stimson Marina, and probably meet up around Gas Works Park, or the University Bridge area.
            =====
            Roger Morse
            talon1965mini@gmail.com
            Stimson Marina, Ballard

Comment

Roll call, lunch decision

OK, here's who we have so far:

Tim and Brendan McCrain
              Rick and Sarah Love
              Chuck and Dan Carey
              Chuck Bauer
              Brian Franchini (possibly)
              Brian Flaherty
              Tim Mattson
              Ingvar Carlson
              Roger Morse
              Steve Kiesel
              Jay Giese and company
              Lowell Lorenz
              Mike Wood
              Jerry and Becky McRorie

Lunch at Ivar's Salmon House at 12:00

Comment

Chinooks at the Fisherman Wharf by the locks ?
                1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Tim, I will be attending as well. I'll be launching at Magnuson Park.
                  Steve Kiesel
                  1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Gotcha

Glad you can make it Steve, I've added you to the list.

Comment

Its alive!! Its alive!!

So I finally got the Chris Craft started and decided with the nice weather I would load up a few friends and hit the water. Going to spend tomorrow cleaning and repairing a few leaking gaskets but we are totally ready for next weekend!!!
                      Attached Files
                      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Boat or not, Everyone is welcome...

Looking at Tim's list, it is obvious that many boats have excess capacity - including mine (Holly and our dog Coulee are taking a 3-day Sheep herding class next weekend).

Whether you are a new member or old salt that hasn't peeled the tarp off yet, come down to the launch and help burn someone else's fuel.

You are invited!:HandHorn1:

Comment

Can't make it, boat will be at Custom Canvas getting alterations. I'm trying to get everything done by opening day.

So, is your camera broken ??
                          Greg James

Comment

Sorry you can't make it Greg, I was looking forward to you and Chuck discussing something (anything!) at lunch.

Hey, you should ride with Slo-Mo, he'll be lonely in Big Slow all by himself.

Comment

Hey ! GregJ you can ride with me and Dan in a real Skagit if you would like ?
                              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Won't make it...

We will be out of town for this event and Opening Day--rats! Have fun! -Ken

Comment

Working...
                                X