Next Event - April 16th Lake Union / Ship Canal Cruise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow Tires

Hope I don't have to put the Snow tires on the trailer ! Sarah and I will be at Magnuson Park around 0900 and will go to Ivars for at least a cup of Chowda . :Cold1::Skipper1:

Brian : When you leaving and where are you going to launch ? Maybe caravan down ?
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Originally posted by bham-rick, post: 16762
      Hope I don't have to put the Snow tires on the trailer ! Sarah and I will be at Magnuson Park around 0900 and will go to Ivars for at least a cup of Chowda . :Cold1::Skipper1:

Brian : When you leaving and where are you going to launch ? Maybe caravan down ?
      Rick, I believe we are actually going to head south Friday afternoon. My mechanic is in Lynnwood with a new exhaust manifold gasket to try, once again :Shocked: to stop our water leak. We can caravan back up to the ham...

We are planning to be at Magnuson park between 9-9:30.
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty, post: 16763
        Rick, I believe we are actually going to head south Friday afternoon. My mechanic is in Lynnwood with a new exhaust manifold gasket to try, once again :Shocked: to stop our water leak. We can caravan back up to the ham...

We are planning to be at Magnuson park between 9-9:30.
        Sounds good and good luck with the gasket.
        Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

I will see you at 10:00 tomorrow with the Sabrecraft. JB
          Jim Brooks

Comment

april 16 event

:Raining:
            Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 16366
            OK, so here's the plan:

We'll launch at Magnuson Park at 10:00 AM, head south around Webster Point, across Union Bay into the Montlake Cut, through Portage Bay into Lake Union, and down to the locks before turning and heading back out. On the way back we can tie up at South Lake Union Park and stretch our legs, take a bathroom break, soak up some sun if there is any, etc.

We have some options for lunch, so let's hear what you all want to do. We can always count on Ivar's, the food is good and we can tie up there. Or there is Duke's at the south end of Lake Union, good eats there too and we can tie up at South Lake Union park for up to two hours. Or if some would rather pack a lunch, they could eat at the park while others went to Duke's.

If anyone has ideas for stops we could make or sights to see, don't be shy!

Please be prepared to depart Magnuson at 10:00, or if you're launching somewhere else, let me know where you'll meet up with the group and about what time so we can look for you. Everyone please have a VHF radio and monitor channel 69.

Who's up for it?

Tim
            Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

April 16

SEE U AT THE RAMP AROUND 9:30 TOMORROW.
              Swedster - Ingvar Carlson..
              Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

I hope you all had nice weather. I had to weld a tractor back together so nI missed lunch as well...
                "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Sorry you guys couldn't make it

Chuck and Mike,

Sorry you couldn't make it, by some miracle we had good weather and didn't get rained on, even had a little brightness here and there.

Tim

Comment

Thanks to everyone!

Thanks to everyone for coming out today, Brendan and I had a great time and it was really good to see everyone.

We had a good turnout considering the weather forecast and the fact that it seemed to be raining hard at just about everyone's home when they left. But the weather got better the closer to the launch we got and it turned out to not be bad at all, we didn't even get rained on that I noticed.

Jim Brooks bought his absolutely beautiful Sabrecraft, still with that new smell! We all got to drool over Rick and Sarah Love's amazingly original Dorsett San Juan and check out Ingvar Carlson's new Glory complete with custom painted Merc. Chuck and Dan Carey extended their onboard hospitality to some guests from the Coast Guard while the rest of us milled around nervously, edging toward the exit while trying hard to look innocent.

Roger Morse joined us in Talon for his first NWCBC cruise, proving that you don't need a big (or even medium sized!) boat to have fun. Jerry and Becky McRorie braved the elements (the elements of warmth, food and coffee, that is ...) aboard Tabu as guests of Jay and Tara Giese.

Rounding out the group were the Flaherty father and son team aboard Brian's Chris Craft, Lowell Lorenz aboard Rebel, Tim Mattson aboard Miss Beehaven and Steve Keisel aboard Serenity. This was Steve's last outing with us before his move to Bend Oregon. We'll miss your good humour and ever-present smile at our events Steve, at least we'll still have your company here in the forums.

Watch the forum for details of our next event, the Opening Day parade on May7th, organized by Brian Flaherty. See you there!

Tim

P.S. Tomorrow I'll post photos from today's cruise in the events photo gallery.

Comment

It's amazing how the weather always breaks at the last minute for the outings. Turned out to be a great day to be on the water. It was good to see everyone again. I had a great time. Here's a few pic's I got. I'll post more after Tim gets the outing folder created.
                      Attached Files
                      Steve Kiesel
                      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Hey there - I am new to the forum but if there are any more lake union cruise opportunities I would love to hear about it!

Eric

Comment

Working...
                        X