No announcement yet.

Next Event - April 16th Lake Union / Ship Canal Cruise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the offer you guys but hopefully the weather will be nice enough for me to work on my boat next week end if I have it back by then.
    Greg James

Comment

Skunked

I have a bad habit, repeated often, that involves trading off my only running trailer boat for yet another non-running project, so at the moment we are without a boat that would be suitable for the Lake Union cruise. (I swapped the 1958 Skagit 17 inboard runabout to friend Tom Richards for his 1939 Lyman 21' Deluxe Runabout and also a 15-1/2-foot 1932 Chris-Craft Model 300, both projects.)

No complaints--I'm thrilled to have the Lyman and look forward to getting it in the water--but we'll miss a few Springtime boating events before we're able to get the '58 Bell Boy 16' Express put together and in the water.

We'll see everybody on the water by late May...

- Marty and Mo
      Attached Files
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 16707
        I have a bad habit, repeated often, that involves trading off my only running trailer boat for yet another non-running project, so at the moment we are without a boat that would be suitable for the Lake Union cruise. (I swapped the 1958 Skagit 17 inboard runabout to friend Tom Richards for his 1939 Lyman 21' Deluxe Runabout and also a 15-1/2-foot 1932 Chris-Craft Model 300, both projects.)

No complaints--I'm thrilled to have the Lyman and look forward to getting it in the water--but we'll miss a few Springtime boating events before we're able to get the '58 Bell Boy 16' Express put together and in the water.

We'll see everybody on the water by late May...

- Marty and Mo
        Marty,

As always with this club, you are more than welcome to come on Saturday and ride with us. Or I am sure we can find a few boats for you to hope around on.
        Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
        1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

invite

We will be there with the TABU, our 1940 42ft Chris Craft and as always, We lots of room and a nice dry boat if it is raining. So our plan is to leave Bellevue around 9:00 or so, we are at Newport Yatch basin. If any one wants to come along with us, give me a call 206-920-2196 or email jay@dmcsidecars.com
          And yes, we have heat, a bathroom, and hot and cold food and drinks on board.
          Jay

Comment

Our plan is to leave our moorage on Lake Washington around 9:00 and head over to the cut. We will tie up at the dock in front of Husky stadium and wait for ever one as we are no where near as fast as every one else is. Another boat club we do things with from time to time often uses this dock as a meeting point, It works out well. We still have room on the Tabu if any one else wants to ride along. Jay 206-920-2196

Comment

close but no cigar...

We have our re-powered Bryant rigged and ready for action, but are waiting for a new switch box for half of the ignition. The Merc 90 horse has great compression, pees like a race horse, power trims like butter and starts great even with weak/no spark on #'s 2,4,6.

With the parts coming next week, we will be participating in all of the salt water events with this boat until the Skagit project is ready. While many of you hardy souls are enjoying the Ship Canal this weekend, I will be joining the others that are finishing the final details on their boats in preparation of Opening Day. Our Glastron should be ready for Sea-Trials early next week, hopefully ensuring that I won't be THAT guy needing assistance running the Montlake Cut.

Have a great time.
              Attached Files

Comment

Lunch at Ivar's

OK, so based on the underwhelming response to the question of where to eat lunch, (thanks for your response, Chuck C) I'm going to go ahead and choose Ivar's as it seems to offer the most moorage space for us. I'll call and give them a heads up and an approximate time for our arrival, I'm thinking if we leave Magnuson at 10:00 we should cruise into Ballard and back out and arrive at Ivar's at around 12:00. Sound about right?

My earlier idea of docking at Lake Union Park turned out to not be such a good one, it seems that moorage is available on a scheduled basis by application. So ... maybe a good spot for an event in the future, but not going to work for us this Saturday.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Tim

Comment

Some speed included, we all need it!

Anyone interested in launching on Mercer Island under I-90? Nice ramp and lots of parking. This would allow some fast runs on the boat and who doesn't neeed some excitement to wake up from the winter? We can meet up with the group at their launch before they head into the city.

If you launch at this ramp you miss all the city car traffic. That's a 10 for me.
                  1956 Enduracraft Monterey
                  1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                  1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Tim, in case you are counting noses for luncheon reservations, Becky and I are planning to bring ours. We accepted Jay's kind invitation to ride with them on Tabu. Rosario isn't ready for a trailer ride until I rewire the trailer. Got some LED lights as the old trailer lights didn't seem to like saltwater too much. Besides, think inside might be better for my chilled old bod. It was snowing (well, more like slushing hard) here this morning. I blame it all on global warming!
                    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Great!

Glad you can make it Jerry, it's been a while! I'll add your noses to the lunch count.

Tim

Comment

lunch mouths to feed...

Tim,

For the lunch count we will have a minimum of 2 but trying for more, depends on friends work / college schedules...
                        Brian Flaherty

Comment

Thanks for letting me know Brian!

I just got off the phone with Ivar's, they're expecting 20 of us around noon. The private room we had at New Year's was booked but they're putting us at two 10-tops together in the dining room.

They're making an exception to their "single check for large parties" policy for us so everyone will be responsible for their own bill. A gratuity will be automatically added to our bills, which is standard policy for large parties.

The weather forecast seems to be improving for Saturday, let's keep our fingers crossed for sunshine!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 16756
                            The weather forecast seems to be improving for Saturday, let's keep our fingers crossed for sunshine!

Tim
                            Any weather has to better than Jerry and I are living this morning. I drove to work in about 1.5" of snow, on APRIL 14th!!!:Scared1::Slow1::Bigdriving1:
                            Brian Flaherty

Comment

Work! Work! Work! That seems to be all I ever do! The load is great and so i might see all of you for lunch, but don't have time to get the whale in the water and have too many machines to get ready on saturday for a large project Monday... I wonder if the whale really floats...
                              ChuckB
                              "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Tim, For the lunch count ,add my son along with me please. It will be nice to open up the baby on LW for the first time. Thanks,Chuck
                                Attached Files
                                1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                                1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
                                X