Stolen Outboards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Outboards

Did some of you see this craigslist item...?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/boa/1899269462.html

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

I hadn't seen that, but unfortunately it doesn't surprise me. I spend a lot of time driving around neighborhoods during the day when working and am always amazed at how many boats I see in driveways and on street-side parking strips that have easily stolen kickers hanging on the back of them. If they're easy to steal, they're easy to remove and store in the garage.

Tim

Comment

Easy Pickings

Most marinas don't allow live-aboards, So cruise in under the cove of darkness and pluck em off the sterns of all those nice boaters nosed into their slips, stack em like cord wood, and CL here they are.

I guess it beats a full time job you lost because of drugs.

Disgusting

Comment

I seen it all ,heard it all and even heard of it happen to some of our members.
        They`ll even use "Re-Breathers"(no air bubbles) and float them away from Marinas under water.
        I saw one Tohatsu/Nissan offered for a cash sale (at the Consignment store I ran....)with Styrofoam Balls still sticking to the side.....usually only seen the first hour or so after un-packaging.
        Made a phone call and found out it was stolen not 20 minutes prior at a local Dealer I happened to know.They didn`t even know it was gone yet!
        The perp even stole a Airport Rental car to do it all,then returned it not 10 minutes before police arrived to search the lot where the car was registered.
        Would love to introduce my 100 lb.Chocolate Lab to any thief who ventures into my yard.T-Bone has a 2 nd carreer ahead as a "Notary Public".
        Keeping an old beat up cover with Duct Tape or spray paint can keep wandering eyes from shopping your transom.
        Tim M
        unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
        15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
        SeaRay 175BR
        Hi-Laker lapline
        14` Trailorboat

Comment

Working...
        X