• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey 63 OMC Fans?

Recognize this oldie-but-goodie?
    Attached Files

OMC Boats...

Doug -

There's one of the OMC Dual Deluxes in nearby Port Hadlock, with a gaping chainsaw hole in the transom where the twin OMC i/o's used to live.

Inspired directly by riding in Karl Harris's wonderful Johnson 17 (like one of the boats in the article you posted), I recently dragged home a 1968 Johnson 16' "Reveler" model, with V-6 inboard-outboard. After changing the impeller and installing one of the original-style mechanical fuel pumps (to replace the aftermarket electric pump that somebody installed--which is broken), I hope to have the boat in the water soon and certainly ready for a New Year's Run.

Photos below. It's a happy accident that the boat matches the old yellow shop van.

- Marty
    Attached Files
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

I Love That Deck Hardware!

Those are the best quality cleats I know of, heavy, strong and functional. I put those on my Power Cat and love them.

I'll see if I can fine some ads for the '68. I think you'll love the trimaran.

Comment

Working...
      X