Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a digital video projector?

Looks great! Look forward to this.

Anyone have a digital video projector or a medium size flat screen TV I could borrow and hook up to my iPod for the class?

Organizing info now and have a LOT of stuff to share!

If I could get a head count at some point I'll know how many copies of hand outs to make.

Thanks for your interest...

see you there...

Tim
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Tim. We have a TV we can set up. It has a USB input.
      1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

Was really hoping to attend this one, but we have house guests coming in this week with Olympic tickets and they will be here till early march... I agree with the earleir statement would be nice if we could have the overview and handouts posted on here...
        Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
        1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Sign me up! I'll be there. Andy

Comment

anyone figured out the starting time yet for Feb 27??

Please decide on a starting/ending time for the safety course on Feb 27th. It would probably help a lot of folks plan their travel.
            Bruce H. Drake
            1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
            1957 Norseman 19' woodie
            1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
            1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Comment

Time of Towing Heavy Weather Class?

Time of the Assistance Towing Heavy Weather Class?

I'm proposing 11:00 to 2:00 or maybe stretching to threeish with a half hour break in the middle. I have quite a bit of material to share. Perhaps Noon to three or four? Additionally I have asked my olderst son to come and speak as well.

Graeme was my right hand man (crewman) from the time he was five to twenty five. He got his ticket (license) at 21 and towed for me for a couple years. He has seen some of the worst weather/ sea condition senarios that I have seen.

Graeme is a Coast Guard Reservist and recently made Chief Petty Officer. I've asked him to speak on a few Coast Guard topics I think will be of interest to you. He will be available in the afternoon.

Please weigh-in on times that fit your schedule....??

Tim

Comment

Time sounds good to me.
                Jerry
                There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Tim, How about 11 a.m. to about 4 p.m. ? Chuck
                  1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                  1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Time for Class

Tim -

I'm with Chuck--how about 11 to 4 pm. If you and your son finish early, that's fine, but I suspect one thing might lead to another and you'll end up filling the entire slot.

Looking forward to it....

- Marty
                    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 9246
                      Tim -

I'm with Chuck--how about 11 to 4 pm. If you and your son finish early, that's fine, but I suspect one thing might lead to another and you'll end up filling the entire slot.

Looking forward to it....

- Marty

Comment

Tim,
                        I'm on your schedule whatever works for you is ok with me. It sounds like a great program you've put together, I can't wait.
                        1956 Enduracraft Monterey
                        1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                        1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

11:00 to 4 it is

Eleven to four it is.
                          I've always been something of a motor head. Picture attached is McSkagit in December 1966 along side my 1967 GTO that I ordered from the factory.

Still have the car and just completed overhaul of the engine, all accessories and the Muncie M-20 4 speed.

My kids saw the picture and said, "Gee dad, I didn't know you once had hair!"

See you there!
                          Attached Files

Comment

'67 gto

Tim -

That's one of the great, all-time American classics....'67 GTO. (I had a '67 Malibu SS 396, but even back then I felt I'd settled for the cheap-o ride, since what everyone REALLY wanted was a GTO.)

Glad you've been able to hold onto it all of these years.

- Marty
                            http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Eleven 'till done is good with me. Andy E.

Comment

Ss 396 !

Hey Marty,
                                Yeah, that Detroit heavy metal was something else. Somewhat surprised to hear you had a Malibu SS396! Was thinking you were more of a Borgward kinda guy! Or maybe a Saab 96 two stroke!

Speaking of Saab 96 two stroke, do any of you remember the Saab 96 three cylinder two stroke?? Back in 1967, they were rumored to be fast. They had somewhere between 38 and 57 horsepower! Whoa!!

One day in 1967 I came up on one at a stop light on Ambum Blvd. South, out by Seatac. Driving my new 67 GTO, I figured I could blow the doors off that Saab! I got on the goat, didn't smoke the tires, but wound it out in first (about 42 mph), expecting to see the Saab in my rear view mirror. It wasn't there. Glanced left and it was right along side. Hit second and wound out to about 65 mph. Saab still along side! 57 hp vs 335! What's the deal here??

Some cool Saab 96 videos on youtube. Listen to them! They sound like an outboard running out of the water on steroids!

Tim

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 9255
                                Tim -

That's one of the great, all-time American classics....'67 GTO. (I had a '67 Malibu SS 396, but even back then I felt I'd settled for the cheap-o ride, since what everyone REALLY wanted was a GTO.)

Glad you've been able to hold onto it all of these years.

- Marty

Comment

Working...
                                X