Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed I understand

Comment

We got this 58 skimaster going earlier this summer and took it out twice, does about 27mph with the yamaha t50
      Gabe Williamson
      Soldotna, Alaska

Work - 2001 Bollinger Mini OSV 150' 2 Cat 3516c hd
      Side job - 1978 Bruno Stilman 35' Rebuilt in 1993 (38') Ford Lehman SP135

Play/projects - and works in progress between Dad and I
      1958 Skagit 20' Express - projected Mercruiser MCM170 or 4stroke 115 outboard
      1964 Reinell 18' - 85hp Mercury Almost ready for seatrial
      197? Glassply 24' - Ford V8 I/O

Comment

Originally posted by Gwilliamson View Post
        We got this 58 skimaster going earlier this summer and took it out twice, does about 27mph with the yamaha t50
        That seems to be about the best power rating for the Skimasters.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working on (5) Cutters

59 Cutter Cabin Cruiser is getting folding side mount helm seats, a new main cabin windshield, and I'm building the form for a flying bridge windshield, Then it gets fitted for a Bimini. Finally it will get a new rear bench seat and have the helm seats and cabin interrior cushions upholstered to match.

60 Cutter Tornado just got her new compete top. Still needs a carb rebuilt ( rebuild kit purchased and shipped ), and then tune all carbs. Some much needed rewiring, probably will rebuild the entire harness. Also am considering getting rid of the kicker motor mount on the transom and patching the transom for "some day" dual McCulloch 60 Flying Scotts.

59 Cutter Jet DeVille, is new to me this October, but initially it looks like it needs relatively little.. Evaluate the transom, Set up for a Homelite Short Shaft.

60 Cutter Jet DeVille, Needs new finishing to Hull and Topside. Have a few power options in 40 or 45 HP Royal Scotts.

58 Cutter Jet DeVille, Considering selling just to thin the fleet. If I do hang on to it then a new transom and complete refinishing are in order. Again it would be outfitted with a 40 HP McCulloch Scott. This unit requires finding emblems and a replacement windshield as well as new seats made from scratch... and a list of other misc. punchlist items goes on...and on...and on. This boat is deep in the back of the pile.

That should keep me busy for a while.
          Last edited by Bart59Dodge; 10-21-2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart59Dodge View Post
            Working on (5) Cutters

59 Cutter Cabin Cruiser is getting folding side mount helm seats, a new main cabin windshield, and I'm building the form for a flying bridge windshield, Then it gets fitted for a Bimini. Finally it will get a new rear bench seat and have the helm seats and cabin interrior cushions upholstered to match.

60 Cutter Tornado just got her new compete top. Still needs a carb rebuilt ( rebuild kit purchased and shipped ), and then tune all carbs. Some much needed rewiring, probably will rebuild the entire harness. Also am considering getting rid of the kicker motor mount on the transom and patching the transom for "some day" dual McCulloch 60 Flying Scotts.

59 Cutter Jet DeVille, is new to me this October, but initially it looks like it needs relatively little.. Evaluate the transom, Set up for a Homelite Short Shaft.

60 Cutter Jet DeVille, Needs new finishing to Hull and Topside. Have a few power options in 40 or 45 HP Royal Scotts.

58 Cutter Jet DeVille, Considering selling just to thin the fleet. If I do hang on to it then a new transom and complete refinishing are in order. Again it would be outfitted with a 40 HP McCulloch Scott. This unit requires finding emblems and a replacement windshield as well as new seats made from scratch... and a list of other misc. punchlist items goes on...and on...and on. This boat is deep in the back of the pile.

That should keep me busy for a while.
            I would say that would keep you busy for sure. Sorry, I have been way busy myself closing down my shop, so I thought. Looks like I have someone down here (Eugene Oregon) that doesn't want me to retire so I am still selling off some equipment, boats and parts.
            I have what I think is a 40hp McCulloch for dirt cheap too.

Do you know if the Scott Guy is back in business yet ?...That fellow retired or passed away but had Tons of Inventory. I was hoping someone would pick that up and keep selling...I know its been 4 years maybe since he dropped out of sight.

Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Hi all. New to post here. Member for a year but too busy with building new home and the numerous projects that go along with that, including my shop. Recently started work on my barn find - 1951 CC Racing Runabout. Has not seen water in 13 years. Needs work! Previous owners wife got the boat in divorce settlement in Idaho. No info available. She basically gave it to me. Now working on getting engine going. Should be able to hit button in a couple of weeks. After that will be working on side planks. Wood is so dry even Oregon humidity in winter not doing much to swell. Looks like previous owner did sloppy job with varnish. Appears he varnished when wood was dry and side plank gaps were present. Clearly some varnish in gaps. Looks like he put Sikaflex in a couple of gaps. Question now is what to do to get some moisture in that wood. Humidity certainly not doing the trick. Recommendations for getting this thing to swell up a bit? Seriously need to close some gaps.

Comment

Now I am working on another 58 Skagit 20 express. Will share some pic;s soon.
                Helmar
                Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Hello everyone! I recently joined this group after a google search for the "free boat" I got from my neighbor lead me to this community of classic boat owners.

I'm really not sure how to post yet so I figured I post to an ongoing thread...

My fiance and I recently received this boat from a neighbor that had it sitting in their yard for years and wanted it gone. After a Facebook post on the PNW boating group wondering what exactly it was, someone was able to identify it as a Robert's Mini Craft (maybe one of the members here).

I have taken on the project of restoring it to pristine condition. I have experience in restoring our 1967 custom built 53' trawler that we now offer as an Airbnb in Gig Harbor, WA. My goal is to restore this boat to appear as though it is brand new. We get married in Roche Harbor in June and plan to have this boat as our "just married" cruise around the harbor after our ceremony.

I don't know anything about this boat at all, so any information would be appreciated. We do not have a motor for it yet so I'd be interested to hear about performance with a 20hp vs 25hp. I have seen the post of the evinrude 25hp 2-stroke on the red/white boat. Thinking about the 25hp Yamaha as it is the lightest 4-stroke on the market.

I will try to keep posting updates of the restoration here as much as I can. Thank you in advance for any information. I love old boats and talking about everything boating. My main experience is with larger boats that we offer as short-term rentals / Airbnbs, but I've found a new love for this smaller runabout. I'm located in the Gig Harbor area. Happy to be here!

Comment

Hey Griffin.doane! Project looks like quite the handful! Thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
                    X