New to the Forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Weisman Runabout

I visited Pat & Pat yesterday at their Columbia River Gorge home, and we had a great visit regarding their family's 1950 Weisman inboard runabout, powered by its original Ford flathead V-8.

Attached are some shots of the Weisman, which last ran in 1989. We'll help Pat & Pat restore the boat, and in the process we'll modify the windshield design, producing a new wood-framed windshield that's less upright...giving the boat a sleeker look than it currently has. (More about the Weisman's colorful history in the not-distant future...)

The couple's '56 Reinell was taken in trade for work on the Weisman. Since we've always been fans of older Reinell boats, we're delighted to have the sweet little 16-footer.

- Marty
    Attached Files
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Ah, I remember the colorful history of the Weismen. They came from the East bearing gifts for the new born king. Think there were 3 of them>
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Originally posted by Lootas1, post: 8336
        Ah, I remember the colorful history of the Weismen. They came from the East bearing gifts for the new born king. Think there were 3 of them>
        The way I hear it they came from the West traveling Eastward using celestial navagation MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Comment

The Reinell Comes North...

The 16-foot Reinell is pretty dirty and wet after last night's drive north from the Portland area, but I'll get it cleaned up and dry-stored in the next few days. Will most likely bring the Reinell to NWCBC's New Year's Cruise (Saturday, January 2, Lake Union), assuming I can get the 18hp Johnson running or find something else to bolt on the transom between now and then.

Here are a few shots of the sweet little thing, a 1956 Kingfisher model.

- Marty
          Attached Files
          http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Marty:

Pat and I are absolutely thrilled that the Reinell will be enjoyed. She looks happy up at your place! We look forward to getting the Weisman up to you in the spring! By the way, Weisman's first name was Howard......I think the other two were Larry and Mo.

Pat

Comment

Nit picking

Originally posted by PatnPat, post: 8344
              Marty:

Pat and I are absolutely thrilled that the Reinell will be enjoyed. She looks happy up at your place! We look forward to getting the Weisman up to you in the spring! By the way, Weisman's first name was Howard......I think the other two were Larry and Mo.

Pat
              I thought Larry was a Fine...

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Fine[/ame]

The Cap'n
              "The beatings will continue until moral improves..."

Pat Drewery

Comment

Working...
              X