No announcement yet.

Slough Run: Last Preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be at Coulon Park @ 10am. Tim, I have a VHF i can loan you @ Coulon.Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

rent-a-ride...

Would love to be running that little hydro Brian, what is your (former)friend thinking??

Hope you all have a safe but inherently insane tour....see you @ the bottom

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 9684
        Will be at Coulon Park @ 10am. Tim, I have a VHF i can loan you @ Coulon.Chuck
        Hey, that would be great Chuck! See you at Coulon.

Comment

Wind Alert

While the general forecast for today's weather remains unchanged, including wind predictions mentioned above in an earlier posting, I checked the Wind Alert website this morning (Saturday) at found a wide variety of conditions on Lake Washington.

As of 5:39 a.m., they were reporting winds of 30 mph SSE at the 520 Bridge. If that kind of wind prevails later in the morning, Lake Washington would be very rough...at least in that part of the lake. At the same hour, the website said it was blowing 9.2 mph in Renton; 15 mph at Magnusson Park, and 29 mph at Alki Point. (No we aren't going to Alki Point, but it was one of the only other reference points in the Seattle area.)

30 mph means no small boats on the water. 9 mph means it's okay to venture out. We'll just have to see what actual conditions exist later in the morning, when we're scheduled to launch at Coulon Park and/or Lake Sammamish State Park. (Again, if there are higher winds on Lake Washington after seeing conditions in person, I will personally be heading for Lake Sammamish, to run that lake with the Slough Runners rather than face a long, wet slog against the wind and waves heading from Kenmore back to Coulon.)

In the interest of safety, everyone is urged to look at actual lake conditions this morning before committing to a run from Renton to Kenmore and back...and some Slough Runners may wish to pull their boats out at Kenmore rather than face potentially strong southerly winds on Lake Washington...especially in smaller boats.

See you guys later this morning...

- Marty
          http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Working...
          X