Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Event - April 16th Lake Union / Ship Canal Cruise

OK, so here's the plan:

We'll launch at Magnuson Park at 10:00 AM, head south around Webster Point, across Union Bay into the Montlake Cut, through Portage Bay into Lake Union, and down to the locks before turning and heading back out. On the way back we can tie up at South Lake Union Park and stretch our legs, take a bathroom break, soak up some sun if there is any, etc.

We have some options for lunch, so let's hear what you all want to do. We can always count on Ivar's, the food is good and we can tie up there. Or there is Duke's at the south end of Lake Union, good eats there too and we can tie up at South Lake Union park for up to two hours. Or if some would rather pack a lunch, they could eat at the park while others went to Duke's.

If anyone has ideas for stops we could make or sights to see, don't be shy!

Please be prepared to depart Magnuson at 10:00, or if you're launching somewhere else, let me know where you'll meet up with the group and about what time so we can look for you. Everyone please have a VHF radio and monitor channel 69.

Who's up for it?

Tim

Its on the Calendar

Sarah & I will be there @0930 for launch at Magnuson park. Will follow the group. Looking forward to it. Everything should be ship shape by then.
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Great!

Glad you can make it Rick, look forward to seeing you guys there and checking out the Dorsett!

Tim

Comment

Tim, I just got my boat back from Associated Glass. They did a great job and I have started to do some touch up. I'll try to make the Lake Union cruze, it would be a good time for a shake down before opening day.
        Greg James

Comment

Good point.

Thanks for pointing out the launch depth, I had forgotten that it is kind of shallow for bunk trailers. I forget that not everyone has a little boat like mine and can't just muscle it onto the trailer with the winch when it's shallow.

Also, I just checked the parks dept web site and the fee for launching and parking at Magnuson has gone up to $10.00, using the cash-in-envelope method. So, if you need a deep launch you may want to launch somewhere else and meet up with the rest of the group. Here is a link to a map of nearby launches with their info:

http://www.cityofseattle.net/parks/b...ingmapsall.htm

Brian, thanks for the reminder about the launch and the suggestions for stops to make.

Greg, congratulations on getting Genevieve back home, glad you can make this one.

Tim

Comment

Tim, Will be at Magnuson park at 9am. As far as eating goes, Ivar's outdoor walk up snack bar or inside is fine too.We could also go to Chinooks at the old Fisherman Wharf by the locks. If the Farallon can launch at Magnuson park any boat can. Last year it took 4 tries shaking it off the bunk trailer and then we realized the tie downs were still on so like i said any boat more or less can be launch as well. That was on March 20th last year. Chuck
            Attached Files
            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

I have seen more launch problems at Shilshoal because of the tides than sue to depth at Magnuson. Far larger craft than my whale are often there, including the mighty KKC Sheriff's craft, you just might need 4WD to get out...
              "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Ditto, Are you going ? Echo

Hey Tim, don't we monitor channel 69 ?

Comment

Hey Chuck. Glad to see I'm not the only one to try and push a boat off a trailer with the tie downs still attached.
                  There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Wet Feet

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 16379
                    Tim, Will be at Magnuson park at 9am. As far as eating goes, Ivar's outdoor walk up snack bar or inside is fine too.We could also go to Chinooks at the old Fisherman Wharf by the locks. If the Farallon can launch at Magnuson park any boat can. Last year it took 4 tries shaking it off the bunk trailer and then we realized the tie downs were still on so like i said any boat more or less can be launch as well. That was on March 20th last year. Chuck
                    Boy Chuck : You don't even have the lights in the water :TakePicture1: You afraid to get your feet wet ?
                    Rick & Sarah

Comment

Rick ,That was before i REALLY back it into the water with the exhaust pipe underwater. Chuck

Comment

I figured that out !

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 16392
                        Rick ,That was before i REALLY back it into the water with the exhaust pipe underwater. Chuck
                        I didn't think Sheila could bounce the Farillon off that trailer , Just a little chain Yank !
                        Rick & Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 16381
                          Ditto, Are you going ? Echo

Hey Tim, don't we monitor channel 69 ?
                          Echo, it is supposed to be my last Saturday at the Everett Golf Course, I'll have to leave early, but I think I'll make it. Got to get the whale wet sometime, even if the interior is torn apart...
                          ditto
                          "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Ditto, Good ! Echo

Comment

Originally posted by bham-rick, post: 16389
                              Boy Chuck : You don't even have the lights in the water :TakePicture1: You afraid to get your feet wet ?
                              Hey, if you get your feet wet you might track into the boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X